Thursday, October 29, 2009

Jim Gaskowski's Farm Boy Serial #003



i was wondering what you used to make the clear ends on your gas tank, are they plastic of some kind or are they glass?



The glass is flat mineral glass watch crystals, (Plexiglas crazes after a while). Cost about $ 9.50 for a set of 3. You can get it any dia. (goes up by .004" or .1mm sizes) and thickness - 1.0mm, 1.5mm, 2.0mm, 2.5mm, and 3.0mm. The 3.0mm thickness equals .120" so if you make a 1/16" recess in the tank flanges you can put a nice thin "O" ring inside for a seal. Never had one leak yet!

 I was looking for some way to put a small neat fuel gauge on a tank, then it dawned on me to make the whole tank a gauge. I have a problem with filling the tanks. I always try to get 2 1/2 oz. of fuel in a 2 oz. tank and as many times as I've tried it, it still doesn't fit!

Here's the site where I get mine.

There are even more sizes if you look around the site. It's a large site and you can get lost quickly.



No comments:

Post a Comment