Thursday, June 13, 2013

Dana Hall's oversized Farmboy

Got this e-mail from Dana on June 13th, 2013:

--------------------------------------------

Hi Allen...
Dana Hall here from Florida...
I hope this letter finds you well...
Been a while since I've talked with you...

I just finished the Farm Boy engine from your fathers plans... I made the engine 25% larger than what is called for... Instead of 6 inch flywheels, now they are close to 8 inches in diameter... I recalculated and increased each dimension on the plans by 25%...

I decided to try running the engine on propane instead of liquid fuel, and after a little tweaking, it ran so well that I just left it that way...

Enclosed are 3 photos of the engine... I thought you might like to see them...

Talk with you later,
Dana




No comments:

Post a Comment